Schedule & Location
Friday Sermon Training Workshop:
Today sermons are delivered in different settings: in mosques, banks, offices, hospitals and schools. Sometimes by Imams or people with experience, sometimes by people with pure intentions and high aspirations, but who haven't yet mastered the techniques of delivering an effective sermon. They might be finding it difficult to prepare or structure their sermons, or perhaps to speak with confidence and clarity. This worship is for people who give, or aspire to given, Friday sermons and who want to enhance their delivery and improve the structure of their sermons.
The venue will be 5 minutes walk from Aldgate East station and Whitechapel. Easily accessible from the City and Canary Wharf.
Schedule and lesson breakdown
Every Wednesday from 6:15 pm to 8:30 pm GMT on November 20, November 27, December 4 and December 11.
- November 20: The art of delivering sermons
- November 27: Qualities of the Khatib
- December 4: Overcoming obstacles
- December 11: Preparing and memorising a friday sermon
At the end of this training workshop, participants will be given sermon-templates which they can use in light of the techniques they will have been taught. They will also be able to send their draft sermons to the course instructor for feedback.
Reviving the art of delivering relevant, motivating, interesting and transformative Friday sermons.
- Upholding the status of the Friday sermon
- Training future or actual Khutaba
- Connecting Muslims to the beautiful message of Islam
- Creating a database and network (online and offline) between Khutaba and venues for Friday prayers
- Develop a sermon encyclopedia
- Designing templates and providing guidelines for Khutaba